Pages

50 Reasons to Exercise


If you have been around since the beginning of this blog, you know my story.  If you are just reading this now, I will explain a bit.

Back in April I ballooned to my largest size ever and I couldn't even fit into my "fat" pants.  Girls, you know how it is; we have multiple size pants in our closets.  The skinny pants that we hope to get into again.  The average pants that we are comfortable wearing and the fat pants that we keep around just in case we gain some weight and we don't want to spend a ton of money shopping.

Well, I was there!!  And the fat pants were way too tight and I refused to go out and buy bigger ones.  I resorted to wearing yoga pants to work and I was very depressed.  I then saw a Facebook post about an 8 day fat burning detox that guarantees you to lose 5-15 pounds in only 8 days.  What????  Seriously???  I could drop a pant size in only 8 days??  I was very skeptical, but there was a picture that went along with the post, so I bit the bullet and "invested in myself", which I don't normally do.

I was super excited and couldn't wait until my kit came in.  When it did, I got all my grocery shopping done, weighed and measured myself and took some before pictures (the hardest part for sure!).

And I gotta tell you that the eating plan was easy to follow and I was eating real food and not starving myself!  After 8 days, I was down 5 pounds and 12 inches!!  I lost 3 inches around my waist alone and I had gone from barely fitting into my fat pants to barely fitting into my average pants, so I did drop a pant size.  Here is my 8 day before and after picture.



That was back in April and I continue to use the supplements and eat healthy.  I am now down 10 pounds and nearly 20 inches and I feel better than I have felt in a long, long time.

This was all done without exercising, I might add.  I usually hate exercising, but I have to tell you that our energy pill makes me want to exercise.  So, I've got my treadmill all dusted off and I made my husband get our Bowflex out of the storage room (good place for it, huh?).  I am happy to report that I have been a good girl and I have been down in the basement working out every day for the last 4 days. I am taking it easy because my body is so out of shape, but I am hoping I am starting new habits that will stick around for a while.  

I also just came across this picture and I thought I would share it because exercise is so very important.  And the older we get the more we have to worry about our bodies and our health!!



I hope that you are taking good care of your body!!!  Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment