Pages

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Recipe

I have been on the lookout for easy to make, healthy recipes.  I just found this one over at eatcleandiet.com and I can't wait to try it!!  I absolutely love cooking in the crock pot.  It is super easy and doesn't take all my time.  I can put the food in, walk away, and know that dinner will be done!!

Source

Here are the ingredients you would add into the crockpot:


  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup black beans (rinsed)
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1 small jar salsa
  • 1 Tbsp cumin
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
Mix and cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve with cooked brown rice.  If you would like this to be creamier, you could add 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt during the last 30 minutes of cooking.

I will definitely be making this in the next week.  If you have a chance to make it and try it, I'd appreciate if you would leave me a comment letting me know what you thought!

Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment